Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Confidence

If someone could please tell me why girls have such low self-esteem, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a friend that is possibly the most beautiful gal I've ever met... But, she seems to think the complete opposite. At times, I absolutely want to strangle her because if she could just see what I see and what everyone else sees then she would NEVER think that she is anything but gorgeous!! :)

I was reading up about teens and self-esteem the other day and one statement stuck with me. "A girl’s self-esteem is more strongly related to how she views her own body shape and body weight, than how much she actually weighs." I believe this statement 100%! My friends that have low self-esteem are all perfect, but they just don't see it. What I see and what they see are too completely different things. I see beautiful, talented young women and they just see the flaws. 


There are many Bible verses that fit this situation perfectly...
  • For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.                Psalm 139:13-14 (We should be saying this!!!!)
  • Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29
  • All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. Song of Solomon 4:7 (FAVORITE) :)

So next time you start thinking those crazy thoughts that you're not good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, or smart enough... Just remember Psalm 139, Ephesians 4, and Song of Solomon 4! God loves you just the way you are. Or in the words of Bruno Mars, in his latest hit song..."Girl you're amazing.. Just the way you are." :)

Love ya <3


No comments:

Post a Comment