Thursday, July 14, 2011

Long day...

Hello there. Today was a super long, but awesome day! This great day started off at Ridgefield's Country Club for the Annual Staff Meeting of Rural Health Services Constorium, Inc. I am working there this summer so I got invited to this shindig. It was from 8-3p.m.. There was this amazing motivational speaker, Dr. Farris Jordan, and he spoke about having a healthy lifestyle. He talked about how staying positive in every situation will enable you to have a happier life! So be happy :)

The next part of this super long and awesome day consisted of me and my friends at a golf course. We were there for about 3 hours until a monsoon decided to wash us away! Most of the time I would get pretty upset about the weather deciding to just completely change from a beautiful, sunny day to a monsoon....BUT because of that great advice I got about staying positive, I didn't let it get to me! (it's not like my awful score in the game had anything to do with me being happy about calling it a quits early) Oh and I'm not very good at golf. So in case you are thinking that I am some golfer.. think again :)

All together today has been a positive day and I am so thankful for hearing such a great speaker! His outlook on life has made my perspective change completely :)

"Focus on what you do have, not what you don't!"  -Dr. Farris Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment